Monday, August 15, 2011

Rubber - Meet Road.

One again I am off to train with Rory Miller, author of Meditations on Violence and Facing Violence. I don't know why...
...because more training won't bring in more students.
...because more information won't encourage more people to come in and become more educated.
...because what am I going to do with more information?
...because figuring out how to make all this fit into the time frames I have is tough.

Yet at the same time I do know exactly why I have to go train...
...because he is a no-nonsense, accurate, knowledgeable teacher.
...because the feeling of training makes me feel alive. (pain does that)
...because in order to be the best teacher I can be I really gotta know this stuff.
...because when the shit hits the fan, I need to know that I have done everything I possibly can to prepare.
...because it is only at the trainings I attend do I find the most comfort zones in my life.

It is these opportunities that have afforded me the realization that it is time to begin teaching the martial arts again. But it is time for evolution. Tradition has its place, but the vision I have has less ritual. Because of my travels, I have met and participated in the type of school I envision having. Learning to step outside the box, and create something this area has never seen.
So now I find myself on the edge of a new yearning. Thrilled by the concept and possibilities and apprehensive as well.
Apparently it is time to put the peddle to the metal; to put my money where my mouth is; to walk the talk; to step up to the plate; to stand and deliver; to do what I know needs to be done... and quit beating around the shrubs.
Classes begin in one month.

No comments: